Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What I've learnt over the week

No sex please, we're Indians: If anyone tells you that Bombay -- I refuse to call it Mumbai -- is cosmopolitan, they're lying. Ours is a city that is caught in a timewarp. Lurking beneath its busy exterior, is a city that is regressive in its outlook. Last weekend the police raided a so-called gay party and arrested the people on the grounds of consumption of alchohol. And horror, there were even condoms. This is not the first time the police have barged into a private party... they will do it again.
Weed kills your brain cells: Ever since I've given up grass and hashish, i find I can think more clearly. So now that the haze has lifted I can't help but ask: What am I doing with my life? When will earn more money? And should I adopt a little black kitten?
The world is melting: The way things are going, the Amazon Rainforest will disappear in 50 years, the Greenland ice sheet will melt in 300 years, and the Arctic sea ice in 10. Knowing my luck, and given my pessimitic outloook to life, I will die a painful and horrible death.
Other lessons: Indians are bad sportspeople, tarot card readers cannot read the future, women are fickle and men whine too much.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Definitely adopt a little black kitten, in fact, get a pair. Cats are great company and if you have two they aren't lonely when you go out.